Top 10 Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. You can see all the topics here.
This week’s topic is 2014 debuts and I’m so excited. I love reading books by debut authors and discovering new must-read authors. I actually think I read quite a lot of debuts so it was a little hard for me to narrow down this list. But here we are!
1. The Other Way Around by Sashi Kaufman: This story sounds interesting, hopefully it will be another great male POV, and I’m excited to read another book published by Carolrhoda Lab who published, Sex & Violence, one of my favorite books of 2013. (Pub date: 3/1/14)
2. A Death-Struck Year by Makiia Lucier: I love historical fiction and I’ve always thought the Spanish Flu was so interested. It’s kind of glossed over in a lot of history classes so I’m hoping this will provide some interesting insight. (Pub date: 3/4/14)
3. The Secret Side of Empty by Maria E. Andreu: I haven’t heard much about this one, but the cover really drew me in. Immigrant stories are always really interesting to me and I think this story is really timely. (Pub date: 3/11/14)
4. Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy: I’m pretty sure everyone who’s a fan of contemporary YA is going to have this one on their list this week.I have a personal rule not to read bucket list stories, but I’m making an exception for this one. So excited. (Pub date: 3/18/14)
5. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord: Country music, romance, a kind of road trip. Seriously, what could be wrong about this book? (Pub date: 4/15/14)
6. Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman: Another historical fiction pick. This one sounds creepy and exciting and I can’t wait to see if it lives up to my expectations. (Pub date: 4/22/14)
7. The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel: From the moment I read the description for this one I was totally taken in by it. This sounds so hilarious and different. (Pub date: 4/29/14)
8. Killer Instinct by S.E. Green: This is like Dexter, but a teenage girl, and I absolutely love it. I always want to read serial killer books, but then they freak me out, but I always love them in the end. (Pub date: 5/6/14)
9. The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu: The cover for this one is so interesting. I’m a little worried about all the different perspectives, but I still can’t wait to see what this one is all about. (Pub date: 6/3/14)
10. 17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen: At first I thought this was kind some kind of memory loss story, but it actually sounds like a cute tale of high school love and friendship. (Pub date: 6/17/14)
And a bonus: I featured two debut authors on my 2014 Releases I’m Dying to Read Top 10 Tuesday post:
Also on that list two books by debut YA authors:
Another bonus: yesterday I reviewed a GREAT YA debut:
The Scar Boys by Len Vlahos
What debuts are you excited for? What do I need to add to my list?